Thursday, January 26, 2012

Letter One: Your Crazy "Auntie."

Dear Cohen,

I hope when you hear this, you're all bundled up in a nice fluffy blanket. Surrounded by nothing but love from your mommy, my cousin. I'm not sure where I'm going to go with this, but I just wanted to start off this first letter by telling you how much I love you...already. From the day your mommy told me about you, I knew that you were going to be something special in our lives.

I'm technically not really your aunt. But your mom is one of the closest things to my sister in the whole entire world. Truth be told, it took us a long time to get where we are. We never really saw eye to eye on a lot of things, and we didn't get a long a lot. It took me moving 1,000 miles, and the announcement of you coming along to truly make us see how much we mean to each other. But here we are today, impatiently awaiting your arrival.

I decided to write to you, because as your unofficial "official" auntie, I feel like I needed to pass along my learned wisdom. Whether it be from things that I want you to do, or don't want you to do.. or things that your mommy and daddy say you can't do, and I will always say heck yeah!!

I'm not too much older than your mommy, so I'm not saying that I'm that much further along in my life experiences, so that's not what this is about. This is me passing along my feelings on things, and letting you know how much I want you to learn from me, and maybe some day, we'll read this together. 

The most important thing I will ever tell you, is to love unconditionally. To never stop loving anyone, and never give up on it. Whether it be family, friends, or yourself, always remember to love so much that it hurts. Because in the end, I truly do believe that love is something so irreplaceable, and so incredible. Even though I have heartache, and don't know much about anything, I do know that. Always remember to love. And be loved. And don't be afraid to let that love hurt you, because you will always find love that will make you feel whole again.

I'm going to close up this first letter for now, but I am more than sure I will be back soon, to write to you. You're so close to making your arrival, and I can't wait to see you, and hold you. And tell you how much I love you in person.

Until letter two,
Your Crazy Auntie,
Krista <3

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much Krista Michelle! I cannot wait to read all of your letters, especially to little Cohen.

    ReplyDelete